I have worked with several small organisations to help them understand what they might use a website for and to understand who their website is for. BAsed on this I have then designed and developed (and sometimes I have maintained) the website for them. However, I have also done several other types of activity and these are detailed here.
Conferences & online workshops
I have organised a number of conferences with numbers ranging from 50 to 200 attendees. This work has included:-
- Setting up and marketing the event through Eventbrite and using Facebook (paid) advertising to promote events
- Registration management at the conferences
- Production of conference PowerPoint decks and technical set up and management on the day of the conference
Since 2020 (like so many others) I have run several Zoom-based workshops and events, managing attendees and breakout groups and screensharing etc.
I have provided both IT and more general management consultancy for several pieces of work.
- Developed a Digital Communications Strategy for one organisation.
- worked alongside an existing staff member to produce a ‘Request for Proposals’ so they could re-evaluate their current IT support provider.
- Acted as a stand-in webmaster for Network Leeds to ensure their weekly e:bulletin is produced and distributed.
Analysis / Documentation
Examples here include:
- Doing a piece of work for Health for All so that all their projects could be described in a common way in order to give stakeholders and potential funders a clear view about the similarities and differences between different projects.
- Documenting the existing features in a database system for Maecare so that they could use this as a basis for discussions with potential suppliers for a new system.
- Designing an online (and a paper version) survey for Caritas Leeds and then analysing the results using Excel
- Devising evaluation forms, processing the forms and producing post-conference Feedback Reports